Take a look at Piezoelectric Ceramic Plates
Piezoelectric Ceramic Plate is a polarization treatment of polycrystalline made by mixing oxide (zirconium oxide, lead oxide, titanium oxide, etc.) with high temperature sintering and solid reaction, the general term for ferroelectric ceramics with piezoelectric effect, Piezoelectric Ceramic Plate in addition to piezoelectricity, also has dielectricity, elasticity, etc., with the continuous research and improvement of materials technology, and the rapid development of electronics, information, aerospace and other high-tech fields. The development of production technology and application of Piezoelectric Ceramic Plates has become a hot spot.
1. The history of Piezoelectric Ceramic Plates.
(1) In 1880, the Curie brothers first discovered the piezoelectric effect of tourmaline, which began the history of piezoelectricity.
(2) In 1894, Voigt pointed out that it was possible to produce piezoelectric effects on crystals with twenty point groups in asymmetric centers. Quartz is a representative of piezoelectric crystals and has been applied. During World War I, Curie's successor, Langevin, was the first to use the piezoelectric effect of quartz to create an underwater ultrasonic detector for detecting submarines, thus turning the page on piezoelectric applications.
(3) The development of piezoelectric materials and their applications are attributed to the discovery of BaTiO3 ceramics in World War II. In 1947, Roberts applied high voltage to BaTiO3 ceramics for polarization and obtained the voltage of piezoelectric ceramics. Subsequently, Japan actively developed and applied BaTiO3 Piezoelectric Ceramic Plates to manufacture ultrasonic transducers, high frequency transducers, pressure transducers, filters, resonators, and other piezoelectric devices. This research continued until the mid-1950s.
(4) Since the late 1980s, ceramic materials for ferroelectric ceramics have been developed. In this way, single-crystal materials for ferroelectrics were developed successfully, laying the foundation for three-dimensional ultrasound imaging. At present, new breakthroughs have been made in the application of nanotechnology in the preparation of piezoelectric materials.
(5) Currently, the world is developing lead-free Piezoelectric Ceramic Plates to protect the environment and pursue health.
2. Characteristics of Piezoelectric Ceramic Plates.
The dielectric properties of Piezoelectric Ceramic Plates reflect the degree of response of the ceramic material to external electric fields.
The elasticity coefficient of Piezoelectric Ceramic Plate is a parameter that reflects the relationship between ceramic deformation and applied force.
The most important feature of Piezoelectric Ceramic Plate is piezoelectricity, including positive piezoelectricity and inverse piezoelectricity. Positive piezoelectricity refers to the relative displacement of the centers of positive and negative charges under the action of external mechanical forces in some dielectrics, resulting in polarization, leading to the appearance of bound charges with opposite sign on the dielectric surface.
3. Application of piezoelectric ceramics.
(1) Speech converters.
Piezoelectric Ceramic Plates can be used as sound transducers for pickups, microphones, earphones, buzzers, ultrasonic depth finders, sonar and material ultrasonic flaw detectors. Piezoelectric ceramics can produce a variety of sounds by controlling electronic circuits to generate vibrations of different frequencies. For example, electronic music greeting cards convert AC audio signals into sound signals through the inverse piezoelectric effect.
(2) Piezoelectric detonator.
An anti-tank gun was invented to combat tanks. It fires armor-piercing bullets that explode immediately when they come into contact with a tank, blowing the tank to pieces. This is because the warhead is equipped with a Piezoelectric Ceramic Plate, the strong mechanical force of the collision can be converted into instantaneous high voltage, and the explosion spark detonated explosives.
(3) piezoelectric lighter.
This is a new type of electronic lighter for gas stoves. Just press the ignition button, the Piezoelectric Ceramic Plate on the lighter can generate high voltage to form an electric spark and ignite the gas. Piezoelectric lighter is not only easy to use, safe and reliable, and long service life.
(4) nuclear safety goggles.
When the light radiation from the nuclear explosion reaches dangerous levels, the goggles made of transparent Piezoelectric Ceramic Plates will be converted into instantaneous high-voltage electricity, which can reduce the light intensity to only 1/1000 in 1/10000 s. After the explosion it can be restored to its original state. The goggles have a simple structure, weighing only a few dozen grams, and are easy to carry when mounted on an anti-nuclear goggle helmet.
The above is the relevant knowledge about Piezoelectric Ceramic Plate, if you need more detailed understanding, welcome to contact us!